Wishing our customers, your families and friends a very merry Christmas. We look forward to looking after you again in 2017.
Stay safe during the festive season, test your safety switch and smoke detectors when setting up your Christmas lights.
Always turn off the power when putting up your Christmas lights or changing light bulbs and turn them off before going to bed or leaving your home.
Only purchase lights that are Australian safety compliant. Look for an approval number or the regulatory compliance mark logo, and always read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions and safety warnings.
Living in the Sunshine state we know that with the heat we often can get storms or flooding. Be electrical safe during our summer storm season. Here are a few preparation tips.
- Ensure your surge protector is installed and connected correctly to protect your electronic devices; (for example, your computer, TV, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator.)
- Install a safety switch and test regularly
- Know where to turn off your power, gas and water supply in case of an emergency.
- Pack up electrical equipment that is not in use and store in a safe place.
- Unplug outside TV’s and store in a dry area.
- Switch off and unplug electrical equipment.
- If you experience loss of power, turn off your power points and unplug electrical equipment.
- Do not use a fixed telephone (landline) during a thunderstorm, it can deliver an electric shock.
- What to consider when cleaning up after a storm.
- Stay away from any fallen power-lines.
- Stay clear of electrical cables, foil insulation or other conductive material that may be lying around your home.
- If you have lost power, contact ENERGEX they will be able to let you know when power will be restored.
- Do not touch a damaged switchboard and warn others to do the same. Always use a licensed electrical contractor to do all your electrical work and repairs as it is illegal and dangerous to attempt doing your own electrical work. Call your electrician.
- If your home or connection is damaged by a storm or flood, you may need verification tests to be carried out on your switchboard, wiring, equipment, and appliances to ensure the electrical circuits are still safe. Only a licensed electrical contractor can perform this for you to ensure that ENERGEX can then reconnect your service.
We are here to help. If you have any questions or would like to book us in for your next electrical project in 2017, give us a call or send us an email request.