Safety should always come first! When dealing with electricity, it is important to take all the safety measures you can. And what better way to find out if your electrical circuits in your home are still in perfect working order than by conducting an electrical safety inspection checkup?
Just because your electrical system isn’t showing any signs of failure, it doesn’t mean that you do not have any existing issues. Serious problems can become major safety hazards and lead to fires, electrocution and even death.
PROFESSIONAL ELECTRICIAN IN BRISBANE & SURROUNDING SUBURBS
If you’re searching for the best licensed electrician in the Brisbane area and surrounds (Alderley, Ashgrove, Bardon, Newmarket, Paddington, Stafford, The Gap), look no further than Allyn White Electrical.
We all rely on electricity in our daily lives. When your electricity is out it can be a real inconvenience.
Why Should I Get An Electrical Safety Inspection Checkup?
There are several reasons why you should have regular electrical inspections checkups. The most important reason, of course, is safety. Without regular thorough electrical inspections, the first sign that there is something wrong is when there is a major problem, like a fire or an electrical accident.
By having regular electrical inspections checkups, you can reduce the chances of major electrical faults and reduce your maintenance costs.
An electrical inspection checkup is the only way you can identify any faults or electrical hazards that could be very expensive to fix, regular electrical maintenance ensures safety and that all those minor electrical jobs do not become major ones.
Inspect The Electrical Installations Before You Purchase Your Next Home or Investment Property
An electrical inspection prior to buying a home is an important step to help identify any dangerous electrical situations that may be very expensive to repair once the property has been purchased An electrical inspection can also help you negotiate a lower price if you find any non compliant electrical installations not meeting current Australian Standards or have these rectified prior to your property settlement.
An electrical inspection is not to be confused with the standard building and pest buyers contract inspections. An electrical inspection is separate to this process. More home buyers are now aware to ask for an electrical and plumbing inspection prior to purchasing a property.
What Will Happen During An Electrical Inspection?
• We will check fittings, switches and powerpoints to ensure that there are no faults and that all are safe, and that the safety switches are operating correctly.
• We will look for any outdated wiring, exposed live wires and check for evidence of any DIY wiring. DIY wiring is illegal and should an electrical incident occur home insurance policies may not cover the repairs. You should always check your situation with your Insurer.
• We will test smoke alarms also known as smoke detectors and ensure they are placed in compliant positions in your home or business and that the smoke alarms installed comply with current fire safety laws. From January 1, 2022, All homes being sold, leased, or having their lease renewed, must have photoelectric, interconnected smoke alarms installed in every bedroom, connecting hallway, and on each storey.
• We will check if your electrical switchboard meets the current Australian Standards and that you have adequate safety switches on each circuit.
• We will also review any other electrical systems in your home or business and advise you on any aspects which need electrical repair or attention and identify any potential electrical hazards.
Other Reasons To Have An Electrical Safety Inspection Checkup
• If the house is over 25 years old.
• If you have old wiring.
• If any DIY electrical work has been carried out.
• After a major storm or flood
• Regular household electrical maintenance
Hire a Licensed Electrician in Brisbane
If you need help with testing and installing smoke alarms in Brisbane, contact Allyn White Electrical today. With over 45 years of experience in all aspects of domestic, industrial, commercial and emergency electrical work, Allyn will be able to assist with your electrical problems in Brisbane.
Contact a Licensed Electrician in Brisbane for Your Home Electrical Maintenance, Repairs and Installations
Installation, repairs, upgrades, lighting advice for your home and outdoor spaces. No matter what your home renovation plan calls for, you can trust Allyn White.
With over 45 years of experience in all aspects of domestic, industrial, commercial and emergency electrical work, Allyn will be able to assist with your electrical problems in Brisbane.
For a free quote by a licensed electrician call 0416 235 641 to arrange a time to discuss your electrical needs.
Our charge out rate remains the same during the week, weekends and after hours, so don’t hesitate to contact us today!
Source: greenefficientliving.com.au, oleadaelectrical.com.au, platinumelectricians.com.au