Before buying a property, it is essential that we carry out pre-purchase electrical inspections. Regular electrical inspections will help ensure your home or business is electrically safe protecting your family or your staff. We offer comprehensive electrical inspections for any sized house or building.
Why should I get an electrical inspection?
There are several reasons why you should have regular electrical inspections. The most important reason, of course, is safety. Without regular thorough electrical inspections, the first sign that there is something wrong is when there is a major problem, like a fire or an electrical accident.
By having regular electrical inspections, you can reduce the chances of major electrical faults.
If you are an employer, under Occupational Health and Workplace Safety Act you are required to provide safe workplaces for your employees, meaning that you are legally obliged to make sure that you have done everything you can to ensure their safety.
A pre-purchase electrical inspection is the only way you can identify any faults or electrical hazards that could be very expensive to fix after purchase. If any issues are detected, you may be able to negotiate a lower purchase price to cover the costs of the electrical repairs.
What will happen during an electrical inspection?
• We will check appliances and switches to ensure that there are no faults and that all power points are safe, and that the safety switches are operating correctly.
• We will look for any outdated wiring, exposed live wires and check for evidence of any DIY wiring.
• We will test smoke alarms and ensure they are placed in compliant positions in your home or business
• We will check if your electrical switchboard meets the current Australian Standards
• We will also review any other electrical systems in your home and advise you on any aspects which need electrical repair or attention and identify any potential electrical hazards.
To perform an electrical inspection, we will need to turn off the power to your house or workplace and will need access to all areas.
What if I rent the house?
If you live in a rental house, the answer is: Electrical safety in rental properties is everyone’s responsibility.
Under Queensland laws, both property owners and tenants have responsibilities for electrical safety in a rental property.
The Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA) is working with the Electrical Safety Office (ESO) to provide critical information to the Queensland renting community.
Read here for more information!
Why should I use Allyn White Electrical?
At Allyn White Electrical we have over 40+ years’ experience as a licenced electrician and an electrical contractor and are a family-based local business We provide a comprehensive inspection and will talk you through what we are inspecting and what you may need to be done to correct any electrical concerns.
After-Hours Emergency Electrical call out
Contact Allyn White Electrical on 0416235641 to book in your electrical inspection.